Interested in tutoring?
We're hiring Tutors
Thanks for your interest in working with Mindguide Learning.
At Mindguide Learning, we serve incredible human beings who are struggling to learn because of dyslexia, dyscalculia, dysgraphia, ADHD and other learning challenges. Because these are lifelong conditions and remediation can take years, we ask tutors for at least a year commitment (preferably two). We ask that you accept no fewer than three students twice a week. One of the most rewarding parts of the work is to see a child transform over long-term, steady effort. As your students’ patient and loyal support, you have the opportunity to change the course of a their lives.
- Certification in an IDA approved system and/or
- Experience teaching remedial math using a multi-sensory, visual approach
- Experience with curricula designed for teaching writing/grammar skills a plus
- A Bachelor’s degree (in Education preferred)
- At least three years of experience working with children as a teacher or tutor
- Online teacher experience preferred but will train.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Must be able to commit to at least 6 hours/week for at least a full calendar year, preferably two.
- Must be able to commit to a regular schedule for lessons (same times/days for the school year; can be different times/days in the summer months June-August)
- Clear criminal background check
- Excellent high-speed internet access and new working computer system
If you are:
- Compassionate and make relationships a priority
- Encouraging, patient, upbeat
- Organized, an independent worker
- An excellent communicator
- Always ready to try something new and learn new things
- Tech-savvy; able to troubleshoot computer issues
If you meet all the requirements, then we want to hear from you!
Please send a letter and resume to: email@example.com
Compensation: $30.00 to $40.00 per 50-min tutoring hour (commensurate with experience and qualifications)
Perks & Benefits
We believe in inclusivity and diversity. We make Mindguide a great place to work.
Work from Home
The benefit of online tutoring is work from home! All we require is that you’re focused on the students without distractions while you tutor.
We believe in fair wages. We pay more than many other tutoring companies out there.
We work with your schedule. Provide the times you’re available year round. This position is great for stay at home mom’s or if you’re studying.